Tuesday 10 April 2012

Spicy Salmon Patties

100420122499

I like to buy whole salmon and fillet them myself because I can actually judge how fresh the fish is and it is much more economical. There is still a lot of meat that is left on the bones after I’m done filleting, so I scrape the meat off and make delicious salmon cakes out of them. You can still follow this recipe by using salmon steaks also.

INGREDIENTS:

300gm salmon meat –lightly chopped with the back of the knife

1/4 cup bread crumbs

1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch

2 pieces kaffir lime leaves – finely shredded

6 pieces mint leaves – finely chopped

1 teaspoon ginger – finely chopped

1 shallot – finely chopped

1 egg – white only

freshly ground black pepper

salt to taste.

1/4 cup bread crumbs for coating the salmon patties.

 

METHOD:

1). Place all ingredients into a bowl and stir until everything is evenly mixed and combined.

2). Shape the mixture into individual salmon patties 2” wide and 1/3” thick.

3). Coat patties with a thin layer of bread crumbs.

4). Heat a thin layer of oil in the pan and fry the patties over medium heat until they are firm to touch and golden brown on both sides.

5). Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.

Serve with a squeeze of lime juice or my favourite: Tabasco Sauce.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Looks like very delicious patties! the whole salmon is very expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog and recipe! These salmon cakes look fab and Tabasco is my fave, too! Thanks so much for stopping by and following my blog! I'm now following you, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These salmon patties look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! Salmon is very expensive! To feed four mouths in my house is gonna cost a bundle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try substituting salmon with other fish.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...