Tuesday, 21 February 2012
Char Siu (Cantonese Roast Pork Belly)
CHAR SIU ( CANTONESE ROAST PORK BELLY) Recipe
I love making Char Siu when I have guests over because it's easy to prepare and never fails to impress. This recipe is so simple because very little work is involved and the ingredients are readily available.
2 strips of 500g(1lb) pork belly cut 3 inches wide.
6 tablespoon Lee Kum Kee Char Siu Sauce
2 tablespoon maltose
a dash of Chinese rose wine
1. Marinate pork belly strips with the rest ot the ingredients in a glass baking dish. Seal with saran wrap and store in the fridge overnight.
2. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
3. Place pork belly strips on an oven rack over the pan. Be sure to line your pan with aluminium foil to make it easier to clean later.
4. Roast pork belly for 2 hours. Turn and baste with the marinate every 30 minutes.
5. Cut into bite size pieces and it's ready to be served.